Drapery & Window Treatment Cleaning – Westchester, NY
Draperies and window treatments in a home provide privacy, shade, interior design accents, and an effective way to reduce heating and cooling costs. However, while you probably open and close your window treatments every day, you are probably overlooking the fact that they need cleaning. With professional drapery cleaning from Embassy Cleaners, you don’t have to worry about tackling the task yourself. We provide in-home service or off-site cleaning with professional takedown and re-hang service to make your life easier and keep your home interior beautiful.
Reasons for Drapery Cleaning
Though drapes and window treatments can appear clean to the naked eye, they are often dirtier than you realize. Here are some good reasons to consider drapery cleaning for your home:
- Allergen reduction – Drapes and other window treatments trap a large amount of allergens, pollen, mold, insects and other pollutants that can compromise the air quality in your home.
- Remove dust – Even if you don’t have pets in your home, dirt and dust accumulate in your window treatments and gets stirred back into the air whenever you open or close them.
- Maintain appearance – With proper cleaning of your window treatments, they maintain their desired appearance. Drapes, Roman shades, and curtains are all part of the decor of a room and keeping their pattern, texture, and color looking its best compliments your interior design.
- Longevity – with regular professional drapery cleaning, you improve the longevity of your curtain and drapery fabrics. You also prevent them from having a dirty, unkempt appearance.
Spring and summer are notorious for bringing with them excessive amounts of dust and pollen, both of which readily cling to the blinds in your home. Clean your blinds well and avoid irritating allergic reactions throughout your house.
Cleaning reduces build-up of allergens like dust mites, animal hair and dander, which may offer some relief to those with allergies or asthma.
Prevent discoloration – The act of opening and closing your window treatments deposits natural oils from your skin onto the fabric, which attracts more dust and can lead to discoloration without regular cleaning.
Importance of hiring professional cleaners
While at first you may consider taking the drapes down and washing them yourself, you might do more harm than good. If you don’t know the material of your window treatments and/or don’t know how to wash them properly, you can damage the drapes or curtains and make it impossible to re-hang them. Important reasons to use professional drapery cleaning include:
- Proper methods – Professional cleaners understand all the proper methods for cleaning various materials. Some window treatments are safe enough to launder but others require dry-cleaning.
- No shrinking – If you wash your drapes or curtains yourself, you risk shrinking them. A professional is knowledgeable on the correct way to wash materials such as wool or cotton, and they know how to care for lined drapes as well.
- Embellishment consideration – Curtains and drapes with decorative embellishments such as crystals, tassels, or other trim are fragile and won’t survive normal laundering. Professional drapery cleaning services treat your window coverings with care to insure that everything stays in one piece and nothing snags or rips.
- Fabric treatments – The fabric used for some curtains and draperies has chemical treatments on it that help it repel water, are flame retardant or aid in maintaining a crisp appearance. Professionals clean the window coverings properly to maintain or re-apply required fabric treatments.
When you use Embassy Cleaners for your Professional Drapery Cleaning, you receive high-quality, experienced service that’s convenient for your schedule. Contact us to discover how we can help you maintain the beauty of your home’s interior.